If you live in an area that has hard water, unless you install a water softener, you may experience some difficulties with regards to your kitchen sink. Hard water refers to water that has a high mineral content, which means it will leave watermarks and soap scum in your sink. As a result, we’ve spent over 30 hours researching and locating the top kitchen sinks with surfaces that are resistant to the effects of hard water. For instance, the Blanco sinks in our list are manufactured with Silgranit, a composite granite material that resists water spotting, stains, scratches and scorching. In short, all of our products listed have been found to work extremely well with areas that have hard water.
- How We Assessed and Evaluated These Kitchen Sinks for Use in Areas with Hard Water
- Comparison of Top Kitchen Sinks For Hard Water
- Reviews of 8 Best Kitchen Sinks For Hard Water
- 1. Blanco 440194 Single Bowl Kitchen Sink (Best for Overall)
- 2. Blanco 441285 Diamond Double-Basin Drop-In Granite Kitchen Sink
- 3. Swanstone QZ03322LS.077 Granite Dual Bowl Kitchen Sink
- 4. Kraus KGD-442BLACK Quarza Granite Kitchen Sink
- 5. Blanco 440215 Diamond Double-Basin Drop-In or Undermount Granite Kitchen Sink
- 6. Blanco 440067 Performa Cascade Single-Basin Undermount Granite Kitchen Sink
- 7. Blanco 441592 Diamond 1.75 Low Divide Under Mount Double Bowl Kitchen
- 8. Houzer M-200U MIDNITE Undermount Kitchen Sink
How We Assessed and Evaluated These Kitchen Sinks for Use in Areas with Hard Water
When it came down to selecting the best kitchen sinks for hard water, we went with composite granite. Composite granite materials are made from a blending of around 80 percent solid granite stone, and usually an acrylic resin. This is then formed into the desired bowl shape. This material has excellent benefits for those living in hard water areas, as it offers strength, longevity, ease of maintenance and resistance to scratching.
Strength and Design
Each of the kitchen sinks we looked at had to be known for their durability and strength. After all, the purchase of a new kitchen sink is an investment for your home, and as such should be expected to give you many years of service. We also selected a variety of shapes for you. For instance, you’ll notice that the Houzer model comes with the traditional 50/50 bowl split with a rectangle shape. While the Kraus comes with a rather modern 60/40 bowl split design with more curvy, organic contours which mimic water.
Ease of Cleaning
In the past, some composite granite sinks developed the reputation of being hard to clean. We wanted to make sure that we did not include any of those sinks in our list of the best kitchen sinks for hard water. As such, we stayed with companies such as Blanco, which sought to overcome these concerns by developing their own, special type of composite material, in this case, Silgranit. Silgranit is actually 40 percent easier to clean than other surfaces due to the 7 industry patents taken out by Blanco. Also, consider our offering by Houzer. It is made with Microstop, which is an antibacterial agent.
Another past issue experienced by composite granite surfaces was that they could be easily damaged by heat or household cleaners. As this was the case, we looked for sinks that had no issue with household acids or alkalies, such as Blanco Diamond model. All of the kitchen sinks in our review of the best kitchen sinks for hard water are resistant to heat over 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
This is an added plus. After all, no one likes to be woken up by the clank and bang of dishes as they are being washed. Therefore, all of our 8 selections below have some sort of sound dampening quality, which we are sure, other members of the household will appreciate.
Comparison of Top Kitchen Sinks For Hard Water
|Product||Weight (lb)||Depth (in)|
|Blanco 440194||45||9.5||Check Price on Amazon|
|BLANCO DIAMOND 441285||45||9. 5||Check Price on Amazon|
|Swanstone QZ03322LS.077||30||10||Check Price on Amazon|
|Kraus KGD-442||37.4||10.75||Check Price on Amazon|
|Blanco 440215||37.4||9.5||Check Price on Amazon|
|Blanco 440067||40||10||Check Price on Amazon|
|Blanco 441592||44||9.5||Check Price on Amazon|
|Houzer M-200U||48||9.5||Check Price on Amazon|
Reviews of 8 Best Kitchen Sinks For Hard Water
1. Blanco 440194 Single Bowl Kitchen Sink (Best for Overall)
The first sink in our review of the best kitchen sinks for hard water is the Blanco Diamond Super Single Bowl. Made from Blanco’s very own, non-porous composite granite, known as Silgranite, this sink has been built to withstand actual day-to-day cleaning activities. The Blanco 440194 is a drop-in, undermount bowl, that has been designed to be resistant to scorching, scratching, and staining. Heat resistant up to 536 degrees Fahrenheit, it also easily rebuffs damage from household acids/alkali solutions. The Blanco single bowl gives you more than enough room to do chores with its 22 x 33-1/2 x 9-1/2 inch dimensions. This drop-in sink design makes for quick and easy installation, and the sink is IAPMO Certified.
- Manufactured from Silgranit, Blanco’s own,non-porous composite granite
- 9-1/2 inch deep single bowl
- Resistant against heat up to 536 degrees Fahrenheit, acids, alkalies, scratches and scorching
- Drop-in makes for a quick and easy install
- Single bowl, so user may have to purchase a bowl divider separately if necessary
This is a fabulous sink for those of you looking for a durable solution for your kitchen needs. The composite granite is designed not to chip, be resistant to heat, stains, scratches and scorching. We like this sink as it is not only tough and designed to give you years of service, but it is also very easy to install and comes with one pre-drilled faucet hole.
2. Blanco 441285 Diamond Double-Basin Drop-In Granite Kitchen Sink
The Blanco Dual Drop-in undercounter sink made from Silgranit, is the second pick on our list. This unit has everything that our first pick has, except it offers you the convenience of two bowls instead of one. Manufactured from 80 percent granite for guaranteed toughness, this composite granite sink will resist scratching, acids and alkali solutions, as well as staining, and can resist temperatures of 536 degrees Fahrenheit. Dimensions for this model are 21-1/4 x 32-1/4 x 9-1/2 inches total, with both left and right bowls measuring 17 x 14-1/2 x 9-1/2. Easy to maintain, clean and install, the Blanco Diamond double basin kitchen sink comes with one pre-drilled hole for your faucet.
- Made from durable, non-porous Silgranit
- Dual bowl design for your convenience
- Easy to clean, maintain and install
- Resists scorching, scratching, acids and alkali’s
- While drop-in clips come with the purchase, undermount clips must be sold separately
Our second pick is a gorgeous, highly functional kitchen sink. Here, you get not just one bowl, but two. Made from Silgranit, this easy to clean unit offers you a clean-ability 40 percent above that of the competition due to its 7 industry patents. It also resists damage from common household acids and alkali solutions and can endure heat up to 536 degrees Fahrenheit. It comes with a pre-drilled hole for your faucet as well.
3. Swanstone QZ03322LS.077 Granite Dual Bowl Kitchen Sink
Our third choice is the Swanstone granite 1-hole dual mount kitchen sink. This drop-in, undermount sink comes with one pre-drilled hole to fit the faucet. This kitchen sink by Swan is crafted from 80 percent, all-natural quartz stone, which gives it the durability to endure years of service. This all-natural, scratch resistant stone means that you’ll no longer have to be concerned about stains from wine, teas or other substances. This unit comes with a lovely, organic wave-like design which adds a touch of contemporary elegance to your kitchen. While it is a double bowl, you’ll notice that the larger basin is on the left, with a dimension of 17-1/4 x 18 x 9-3/4 inches and the smaller one, with dimensions of 11 x 15-1/4 x 7-1/2 inches is on the right. Both bowls are separated by a low divider to facilitate transfer of pots, pans and dishes from one bowl to another.
- Constructed from 80 percent all-natural stone quartz
- Easy installation either by drop-in or undermount
- Low sink divider
- Stain, scratch and heat resistant sink
- Some users find the clips which accompany the purchase difficult to use
With its organic, wave design which mimics the movement of water, purchasers of this durable and chip resistant kitchen sink will find it adds a unique beauty to their kitchen. made from 80 percent all-natural stone quartz, it is resistant to stains, scratches and boiling water. This dual bowl sink comes with a low divider to facilitate the transfer of pots, pans and dishes. All in all, this is a superb choice for those looking for an elegant, organic design which is tough and durable.
4. Kraus KGD-442BLACK Quarza Granite Kitchen Sink
The Quarza drop-in/undermount dual bowl kitchen sink by Kraus offers you high quality at an affordable price. Part of the Quarza Series by Kraus, the KGD-442 kitchen sink is manufactured from durable, UV resistant, 80 percent all-natural quartz and durable acrylic resin. Together, they create beautiful, stain resistant, non-porous surface. As it’s non-porous, you know that substances such as wines and teas won’t soak in and cause unsightly staining. This unit has a 60/40 dual bowl design with each side separated by a low divider. Another perk for this sink is that the material composition ensures that sounds are absorbed. This means that you can click and clank dishes all through the night without waking up the rest of the family. This sink is also heat resistant so boiling water will have no effects and the almost imperceptible curve of the bottom surface makes for quick draining without concern of water pooling in the sink. Overall dimensions are 33 x 22 x 10 inches.
- UV resistant composition of 80 percent quartz and acrylic resin
- Stain, heat and scratch resistant surface area
- Designed to absorb the sound of clanking of pots, pans and dishes
- Dual bowls with 60/40 design with low divider and rear set drains
- Draining baskets are sold separately
This kitchen sink by Kraus is perfect for those looking for an attractive, dual bowl sink for their kitchen. Never to fade, it’s UV resistant, 80 percent quartz and acrylic material ensures colorfastness, heat and stain resistance. Another huge perk is the material blend also works to absorb as much sound as possible while you do dishes, and that is one of the major reasons why we like this sink so much.
5. Blanco 440215 Diamond Double-Basin Drop-In or Undermount Granite Kitchen Sink
The Blanco Diamond Dual Basin drop-in/undermount granite kitchen sink is a sight to behold. This luxurious kitchen sink not only offers you the best of both words in terms of design and functionality but also looks elegant in your kitchen as well. Manufactured from 80 percent solid granite, you’ll find that this non-porous surface is exceptionally easy to clean, as well as being scratch, stain and scorch resistant. In fact, if you have concerns about pouring boiling liquids into your sink, don’t, as this surface has been designed to withstand temperatures of up to 536 degrees Fahrenheit, as well as all household acids and alkali’s. Easy to install, overall dimensions are 33 x 22 with the depth of the larger, left bowl being 9-1/2 inches, and the smaller right bowl at inches. Comes with a pre-drilled, single hole for faucet placement.
- Extreme clean-ability backed by 7 industry patents
- Resistant to household acids, alkalies, stains, scratches and scorching
- Easy drop-in install, heat resistant up to 536 degrees Fahrenheit
- Elegant dual bowl design, 80 percent solid granite
- Undermount clips are not included
We like this Diamond Double-Basin kitchen sink by Blanco for its high quality construction and ease of maintenance. In fact, the surface is so easy to clean, that it’s backed by 7 industry patents. Made from 80 percent solid granite it resists heat up to 536 degrees Fahrenheit, does not absorb stains or scratch easily. It’s also resistant to household acids, alkalies as well.
6. Blanco 440067 Performa Cascade Single-Basin Undermount Granite Kitchen Sink
The Blanco Performa Cascade is a single-basin, undermount kitchen sink composed of Blanco’s own Silgranit II material. This is an excellent choice for those of you looking to add a bit of unique style to your kitchen, as its lovely, organic contours will blend seamlessly with your decor. It is designed with a raised ledge, which comes in handy for placing colanders, which makes rinsing produce a snap. Being manufactured from non-porous Silgranit means that it can withstand heat up to 536 degrees Fahrenheit while being scratch, stain and scorch resistant. Silgranit’s ultra smooth, color-fast non-fading surface also means that clean up will be a breeze and will not be affected by household acids or alkalies. This dual bowl sink comes with a larger bowl with a depth of 10 inches, and a smaller bowl with a depth of 7-3/4 inches.
- Constructed from Silgranit II, which is 80 percent solid granite
- Heat resistant surface up to 536 degrees Fahrenheit
- Scratch, stain and scorch resistant, easy to clean surface
- Will not fade over time, not affected by household acids or alkalies
- The undermount clips that come with your purchase may not work well in smaller, tighter areas
Manufactured from Blanco’s very own Silgranit II material, you’ll find that this sink comes with a hard, easy to clean surface. Silgranit II is colorfast, will not stain or scratch under normal, every day usage. Clean up is super easy, due to its non-porous Silgranit II surface, which also holds 7 industry patents to ensure that it is 40 percent easier to clean.
7. Blanco 441592 Diamond 1.75 Low Divide Under Mount Double Bowl Kitchen
Come for the fabulous look, and stay for the dependable functionality of this superb sink by Blanco. The Blanco Diamond, dual-bowl undermount kitchen sink is designed to make not only cleanup easy, but also meal prep. Made from Blanco’s very own, patented Silgranit material, you’ll find that it is heat resistant up to 536 degrees Fahrenheit, and its ultra-smooth, hard surface means no chips, nicks, scratches or staining from normal, daily use. Silgranit is also resistant to household acids and alkalies. This is a low-divide bowl with a 60/40 split, meaning that the divide height is 5-1/2 inches, making the movement of pots, pans and dishes much simpler. The depth of both the right and left bowl is 9-1/2 inches. Another great perk for this sink is the sound dampening quality. This means that the acts of washing dishes and prepping meals won’t be so noisy.
- Constructed from Silgranit, which is 80 percent solid granite
- Resistant to heat up to 536 degrees Fahrenheit, as well as household acides and alkalies
- Low, 5-1/2 inch divider which assists in the transfer of pots, pans and dishes
- Bowl depth for both right and left basins is 9-1/2 inches
- Sound dampening ability
- Drain basket is sold separately
The Blanco Diamond undermount kitchen sink is one of the best you’ll find on the market today. With its Silgranit surface, you’ll find that it is resistant to everything from fading, household acids and alkalies, heat, scratches and stains. The low, 5-1/2 inch divider makes it easy to transfer pots, pans and dishes from one bowl to another, and the 9-1/2 inch depth of each bowl means that you’ll have plenty of space to work with.
8. Houzer M-200U MIDNITE Undermount Kitchen Sink
The Houzer M-200U Midnite dual bowl kitchen sink is quite the beauty. Constructed with a hygienic, non-porous, composite granite/quartz surface, this easy to clean and maintain sink features antibacterial properties, called Microstop, for added protection. Resistant to UV rays, you’ll experience no fading of color over time, and the surface is resistant to heat up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. This is a 50/50 design, meaning that each bowl is 14.56 x 16.38 x 9.5 inches and separated by a low divider, making the transfer of pots, pans and dishes easy. Another great feature is the sound absorption ability, meaning you can wash dishes and prep meals with as little noise as possible.
- Constructed from non-porous composite granite/quartz
- Antibacterial properties provided by Microstop
- Resistant to fading, heat up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, scratches and staining
- 50/50 rectangular design with each bowl separated by a low divider
- Sound absorption ability
- Sink may not fully drain
This sink by Houzer is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a dependable, all-around kitchen workhorse. In other words, it’s hard, easy to clean surface, coupled with Micro-stop give this sink a hygienic quality, while the 50/50 rectangular design comes with a low divider to facilitate the transfer of dishware and produce. If being antibacterial, easy to maintain is not enough, then you’ll be thrilled to know that it also comes with a sound dampening ability. This sink won’t scratch, fade, chip or stain under normal, everyday usage.
There you have it, our professionally conducted review of the best kitchen sinks for hard water. Those of you who live in areas with hard water know how difficult it can be, dealing with the high mineral content. With the composite granite sink, you not only get a nice variety of style, shapes, colors, and sizes but also the advantages of strength, durability and ease of maintenance. All of the sinks listed above have high rates of customer satisfaction via customer reviews, ensuring that they are indeed, an excellent investment for your home.
- Best Undermount Kitchen Sinks for Granite Countertops
- What Type of Sink Should You Have For Quartz Countertops?
- What is the Difference Between a Farm Sink and an Apron Sink?
- How To Fix a Kitchen Sink Sprayer
- Best Granite Composite Sinks For Kitchen
- Best Stainless Steel Undermount Kitchen Sinks
- Kohler Prolific Sink Reviews
- Undermount vs Drop-in Kitchen Sink