If you have hard water you know how badly it can leave stains in your bathroom tubs and sink. It can be unsightly and hard to clean. However, having the right type of faucet for your water type can solve this problem. There are so many out there though that it can be hard to know which are the best bathroom faucets for hard water. So we spent several days researching hard water faucets for bathrooms, speaking to buyers who use them, and going through reviews of a number of bathroom faucets for hard water. We’ve compiled a review of the top 10 best bathroom faucets for hard water that are out this year to help you choose one that is perfect for your needs.
Here are the top picks at a glance:
- Best for overall: Delta Faucet Lahara Widespread 3538
- Best for prevents corrosion: BWE Bathroom Faucet Waterfall
- Best for minimalistic design: Delta Faucet 567LF
- Best for last finish: KOHLER K-394-4-CP Devonshire
- Best budget: ENZO RODI ERF2311344
- Best for easy installation: ENZO RODI ERF2212254CP
- Best for a cleaner look: Moen 4507BN Wynford
- Best for chrome finish: Enzo Rodi ERF1214255CP
- What is the Best Bathroom Faucet for Hard Water
- Comparison of the 10 Best Bathroom Faucets For Hard Water
- How We Evaluated and Assessed
- Reviews of the 10 Best Bathroom Faucets For Hard Water
- #1 Delta Faucet Lahara Widespread 3538 (Best for Overall )
- #2. BWE Bathroom Faucet Waterfall (Best for Prevents Corrosion)
- #3. Delta Faucet 567LF (Best for Minimalistic Design)
- #4. ENZO RODI Widespread ERF2311344CP (Best Budget)
- #5. KOHLER Bathroom Faucet K-394-4-CP (Best for Long Lasting Finish)
- #6. ENZO RODI ERF2212254CP (Best for Easy Installation)
- #7. Moen 4507BN Wynford One-Handle High Arc Vessel Bathroom Faucet (Best Cleaner Look)
- #8. Symmons Duro One-Handle Single Hole Bathroom Faucet
- #9. Enzo Rodi Full-metal Center-set Bathroom Sink Faucet
- #10. Brushed Nickel Bathroom Sink Faucet Single Handle Mixer Tap for Bathroom
- Buyers Guide of the Bathroom Faucets For Hard Water
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1 . What effects of hard water on hair?
- Q2 . What effects of hard water on skin?
- Q3. How to protect skin from hard water?
- Q4. Can hard water cause acne?
- Q5. What do hard water stains look like?
- Q6. Does hard water damage pipes?
- Q7. Is hard water acidic?
- Q8. How hard water can be softened?
- Q9. How to protect my hard water faucets?
- Q10. How to identify hard water?
What is the Best Bathroom Faucet for Hard Water
The likelihood of addressing hard water problems such as hard water stains is minimized by making faucets equipped for hard water. The hard water will leave stains on standard bathroom faucets in a defiant way. Over time, this causes them to disappear and look dull even after washing. There are so many top brands that offer high-quality bathroom faucets. You must consider them before taking a final decision.
Comparison of the 10 Best Bathroom Faucets For Hard Water
|Delta Faucet Lahara Widespread 3538||0.16 ounces||5 in||Check Price|
|BWE Bathroom Faucet Waterfall||3.26 pounds||3.15 in||Check Price|
|Delta Faucet 567LF||4.95 pounds||8.5 inches||Check Price|
|KOHLER K-394-4-CP Devonshire||7.69 pounds||4.8 inches||Check Price|
|ENZO RODI ERF2311344HR-10||6.19 pounds||3.19 inches||Check Price|
|Enzo Rodi ERF2212254CP-10||5.7 pounds||5.28 in||Check Price|
|Moen 4507BN Wynford||4.7 pounds||13.13 in||Check on Amazon|
Check on HomeDepot
|Enzo Rodi ERF1214255CP-10||2.49 pounds||8.2 in||Check Price|
|Hansgrohe Focus 71140001||6.61 pounds||3.66 in||Check Price|
How We Evaluated and Assessed
We began our assessment of the best bathroom faucets for hard water by looking at the products that are available on the market this year. After many hours of research, we were able to come up with a top 10 of these products. We looked at what was important to buyers when looking for a hard water faucet and had our team test these faucets to see how easy they were to install and use. We also looked at customer reviews and the experiences of our test users. Here’s what we have found.
Reviews of the 10 Best Bathroom Faucets For Hard Water
#1 Delta Faucet Lahara Widespread 3538 (Best for Overall )
Delta Faucet Lahara Widespread Bathroom Faucet 3 hole execute as new forever. It has a branded creation that decreases leakage areas. It is simple to fix. It endures twice as much the industry manufacturing level. All requirements are packed together in one suitable box.
The box contains joined collection lines and pipe connections. It lasts long and has a rust-proof finishing that does not discolor. This product reduces water use by at least 20 percent. It saves you money without execution compromise.
✅ The diamond valve and the diamond-impacted ceramic disc, do not require lubrication. It reduces friction on the seal. The faucet gives you service as new forever as it is created with quality materials.
✅ It is simple to fix. It is created to fit 3-hole and 4-16- inch sizes. It offers an extensive design. All your requirement is contained in one box.
✅ The supply lines are joined to the faucet for the reduction of possible leak sections. They are conveniently packed in the packaging box.
⛔ Does not accommodate low flow hence increases water consumption.
⛔ The product is made to last for long. Its lifespan is two times that of the factory standard. Its controlled design aids in leakage reduction. It gives you value for your money. It is highly recommended. It has a lifetime warranty. It guarantees you quality service.
The product is made to last for long. Its lifespan is two times that of the factory standard. Its controlled design aids in leakage reduction. It gives you value for your money. It is highly recommended. It has a lifetime warranty. It guarantees you quality service.
#2. BWE Bathroom Faucet Waterfall (Best for Prevents Corrosion)
The BWE Bathroom Faucet Brushed Nickel Waterfall Single Hole is a long-lasting appliance. It suits your decor design in your house due to its fascinating look.
✅ The brief design allows you to fix it with ease. You do not need a technician to do it for you.
✅ The bathroom sink faucet is made of solid brass. Brass is a metal that contains an alloy of copper and zinc which are high-quality metals. This makes it authentic.
✅ The product allows water pressure to flow as desired without raising its consumption. This does not affect its general quality in performance.
⛔ After a long period of frequent use, the faucet changes its color.
This bathroom faucet brushed nickel prevents rust and fingerprint marks. It is very easy to clean due to the materials that have created it. It gives you a clean and safe laminar stream. It presents you with a fascinating water look. The lever handle enables you to regulate temperature and the flow of water with less hassle. It is easy to maintain this product and gives you value for your money. Highly recommended.
#3. Delta Faucet 567LF (Best for Minimalistic Design)
The Delta Faucet Modern Single Hole has a smooth, simple design. This makes it a modern product that has a stainless finish. It has an organized pop-up drain connection with coated spout and a stopper. It saves you on water consumption. This in turn saves you money while providing you a perfect performance.
✅ This product is recommended by the Americans with Disabilities Act. It meets the guidelines. Its decks to way out are 4-3- inches and a thickness of 2.25 inches.
✅ The product consumes the utmost 20 percent less water as compared to the factory standard. This saves you money, yet giving you a 100 percent performance.
⛔ The product requires cleaning with vinegar regularly. This is because it can cut you if caution is not exercised.
The product comes with a lifespan with no expiry guarantee. This gives you confidence and trust to install. It is highly recommended since it can be used with people living with disabilities. The product is created to be fixed on one hole or three and a 4-inch design. For the three holes, you require a different deck plate to install the faucet.
#4. ENZO RODI Widespread ERF2311344CP (Best Budget)
The Enzo Rodi Classical is on our list as the best bathroom faucet for your budget. It feels and looks like a high-quality faucet with its classical design and dual handles. The body of the faucet is made of brass and comes with ceramic cartridges built-in that are drip-free, giving the handles smooth rotation. The high-quality finish protects against tarnishing and corrosion. The spray head is also equipped with a Neoperl aerator that has rubber nozzles that clean easily, which also prevent the build-up of hard water.
Another of its features is the lift pop-up drain assembly that hygienically lets you drain your sink via a lift rod. It has a widespread 3 hole design that is adjustable, making for an easier installation experience.
- 3 Hole Widespread Mounting
- 102 gpm Maximum Flow Rate
- Dual Handle
- Neoperl Aerator
- Built-in Ceramic Cartridges
✅ Very affordable
✅ Durable, high-quality faucet
✅ Fairly easy to install
⛔ Drain puller hard to connect
For its price, this is a good quality bathroom faucet for your hard water needs. It has all of the features you would expect for this type of bathroom faucet, and the adjustable widespread mounting makes installation pretty easy. Some were not happy that the drain assembly was not as high quality as the faucet body, and there were issues with the installation instructions being hard to understand, Overall, it’s good value for the money.
#5. KOHLER Bathroom Faucet K-394-4-CP (Best for Long Lasting Finish)
Kohler brings us the best of both worlds in this widespread model bathroom faucet. The Devonshire faucet comes with the great build quality. The antique look of the faucet is also perfect for rust and corrosion resistance. It ensures long-lasting finishes for hard water.
This faucet is double handle lever with pop up drain. Installation method is super easy with top mount system.
The Devonshire faucet comes with a lifetime warranty with all the accessories by Kohler Co.
✅ Easy to install
✅ Very functional
✅ Allows for 3 hole or single hole installation
⛔ Temperature adjustment isn’t as precise as you would get with a 2 handle faucet
This faucet is very nice-looking design and perfects to prevent hard water stains. Many consumers find that it’s easy to install. So it’s can be right choice to remodel your bathroom special when you have the hard water problem in your house.
#6. ENZO RODI ERF2212254CP (Best for Easy Installation)
The ENZO RODI ERF-2212254CP is an eye-catching look with great functionalities. The drain system is more friendly by the lift pop-up drain construction. It’s built with solid brass which is renowned for heavy-duty and more durability. The weight is about 5.7 pounds. Consumers are pleased with its easy installation process. This faucet is available in 4 colors on Amazon. We recommend the Chrome Finish because it prevents corrosion, hard water stains, and paint peeling.
- Three-hole widespread installation
- The two-handle lever makes it easy to control
- 3 year limited warranty
- Lift popup drain assembly
#7. Moen 4507BN Wynford One-Handle High Arc Vessel Bathroom Faucet (Best Cleaner Look)
The Moen High Arc Vessel faucet has a refined contemporary look to it. It’s made for a single hole mount installation, giving it a cleaner look against countertops that have been custom-made. The handle design itself makes for easy temperature adjusting and has an aerated water flow, perfect for your day-to-day bathroom tasks. The spout has a reach of 5.25 inches and comes with a flexible supply line. It’s also part of a collection, so you can match other aspects of your bathroom with the faucet.
It’s made of solid brass construction, which will hold up well over time. This model uses a new proprietary cartridge called Duralast, which combines high-quality materials with innovative engineering, making it a highly durable cartridge.
- Deck Mounted Installation
- Comes with 24″ flexible supply lines and 3/8″ compression fittings
- Arc Handle Has 100-degree Travel
- Maximum Flow Rate of 1.2 GPM
- Uses new 1255 Duralast Cartridges
✅ Easy to install
✅ Easy to clean
⛔ No cons found
The Moen Wynford is definitely a high-quality bathroom faucet for hard water. Easy to install, easy to use, and clean. The only downside is that it’s in the higher-end price range. Many felt that it was well worth the cost though for a faucet that will last for some time.
#8. Symmons Duro One-Handle Single Hole Bathroom Faucet
The Symmons Duro has a really contemporary look with its sharp rectangular lines and minimalist look. The single lever swivels and has hot and cold indicators. It also comes with a pop-up drain and lifts assembly. Faucets use quarter-turn ceramic components and it’s made as a single mount installation. Its constructed of durable brass with a polished chrome finish.
- Uses Ceramic Components
- Pop-up Metal Drain and Lift Rod Assembly
- Single Post Round Faucet
- Single Swivel Lever Handle with Hot and Cold Markings
- Single Hole Mount
- Braided Hose Connections
- Maximum Flow Rate of 2.2 gpm
✅ Feels very sturdy
✅ Easy to install
✅ Strong Water Flow
✅ Low to mid-price range
⛔ Seems to be higher maintenance where cleaning is concerned for hard water
⛔ Because of the size should your hole be close to a wall it may be hard to access the pop-up drain lever
The Symmons Duro looks to be a high quality faucet for a fairly decent price. Its not for everyone though, with its rectangular sharp lines. Its taller than your standard faucets and the main complaint people had about this one was maintenance/cleaning. Water spots tend to show up right away and you have to constantly keep it wiped down. If that isn’t an issue for you, this is a lovely faucet to use in your bathroom setup.
#9. Enzo Rodi Full-metal Center-set Bathroom Sink Faucet
Like it’s 2 handled cousin, the Enzo Rodi single handle bathroom faucet comes at a great price with good quality. The entire body of the faucet is made of brass. The centerset design is for a 3 hole mount, and gives a distance of 4 inches between the center of the handle. It comes with built-in ceramic cartridges and a Neoperl Aerator.
Also included are 2 waterlines that are 23 inches long and come with 9/16″ connectors for easy installation.
- Centerset 4 Inch Mounting
- Fully Metal Construction
- High Quality Surface Finish
- Drip Free Ceramic Cartridges
- Maximum Flow Rate Of 1.2 gpm
- Removable Aerator Attachment
✅ Easy installation
✅ Low price but good quality
✅ Nice long hoses
⛔ Requires plumber’s putty and Teflon tape
⛔ Does not come with a drain kit
Another low cost faucet that seems to work rather well for most. Many people likes that the hoses they come with are quite long and the whole setup is easy to install. One thing there was a complaint about was that listings didn’t mention that a drain kit was not included with the package, so you need to buy that separately.
#10. Brushed Nickel Bathroom Sink Faucet Single Handle Mixer Tap for Bathroom
This faucet is sold by Beelee and made for a 1 hole installation. The single handle faucet has a total height of 6.5 inches and a spout height of 4.13 inches. The valve is made of ceramic for durability and the faucet itself is made of high purity, low lead brass. There is also a built-in Neoperl aerator for comfort when using, and the rubber nozzles are easy to clean and prevent the build-up of hard water. The premium finish protects against tarnishing and corrosion for long life.
- Low Lead Brass Construction
- Comes With All Necessary Hardware
- Drip Free, High Sealing Ceramic Cartridges
- Built-in Neoperl Aerator
✅ All parts needed are included
✅ Easy to install
✅ Feels heavy and good quality
✅ Low range price
⛔ Directions that come with the kit are not easy to understand
⛔ Water tends to sit on the faucet rather than roll-off
Taller and wider than average faucet and with a contemporary look, this is another lower priced but high quality bathroom faucet for hard water that many like. The only real issues that buyers had were that the directions that come with the kit are not easy to understand, but this can be sorted by watching the installation on YouTube. Some people felt that the design could be better if the faucet was slightly tilted forward so the water didn’t sit on the faucet top after use.
Buyers Guide of the Bathroom Faucets For Hard Water
Anyone who lives in areas where hard water is all that is available for consumption is aware of how significant it is to know and have the best bathroom faucets. Nonetheless, as people, tries to discover the best bathroom faucets for hard water, some companies have provided alternatives to choose from the different brands. This is since, without this unique faucet, it is difficult to maintain the cleanliness of your bathroom. Corrosion and alloy deposits brought about by hard water look ugly. Besides, hard water can make your attractive shiny and fascinating faucet appear dull and dry as dust.
Worse still, hard water alloys damage your pipes resulting in blockage and rust. Considering all these arguments, therefore, investing in a good faucet for hard water that is resistant and long-lasting is key.
Below is an enumeration of what to look for in the best bathroom faucets materials for hard water;
- Stainless steel which is rust-free and resistant to hard water minerals. You cannot find watermarks on this kind of finish.
- Nickel is another kind of finish to look for. It is long-lasting and simple to wash. They have a fascinating look and are made of satin or brushed.
- Gold plate. High quality and they don’t stain
- Physical vapor deposition. It is durable and discoloration and rustproof
- One hole. Simple to fix, and comes with a single handle or double for cold and hot water dispensing.
- Simple to install and very economical. The handles and spout are joined to a 4-inch unit. Perfect for pre-existent and already drilled basins
- Wall-mounted. This brings elegancy to your bathroom and eliminates clutter. Simple to wash. Professional fixing is required
- Has a spread of 8-inches with a microscopic model of 4-inch spread? They are a bit costly as compared to others although they provide you with other placement alternatives. The hot and cold water spout are separated.
Height of the spout arc
Settle for a spout arc that is best suited for the space of your bathroom and where the installation will be made.
Faucet handles can be single or double-handled. The single handle gives an elegant look but if you have children, a double faucet is the best for water temperature regulation.
They are ventilated or non-ventilated. Non-ventilated does not require a screen and a restrictor but the ventilated one does for free water flow.
Ventilated spout increases water pressure by the use of a screen and a restrictor. Non-ventilated spout gives a waterfall character hence attractiveness in the bathroom.
Settle for a faucet of the correct size of our sink. Not oversize or undersize.
Choose a faucet that is simple and easy to install by self. This will save you some coins that would have otherwise be used by a professional.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1 . What effects of hard water on hair?
Ans: Due to the minerals present in hard water, it can make it hard to thoroughly rinse your hair, which can cause it to buildup, leaving behind residue. This can leave your hair feeling limp, dull, filmy dry, and straw-like, as well as make your scalp feel dry and itchy. Washing it more won’t fix the problem though. It can also cause color-treated hair to lose its color quicker, meaning more frequent coloring treatments, which can further damage your hair. Some may notice hair that is thinner and breaks more easily.
Q2 . What effects of hard water on skin?
Ans: The minerals found in hard water absorb away your skins natural moisture. Dry skin is the most common effect of hard water, for the same reasons it affects your hair. Its harder to rinse soap away from the skins surface, which can leave it feeling dry irritated. This can be exacerbated by skin conditions, such as eczema, psoriasis, and sensitive skin.
Q3. How to protect skin from hard water?
Ans: You can protect your skin and hair from the effects of hard water damage by using filters and water conditioners that can help limit the effect of hard water on the skin. Other things that you can do are:
- Take shorter baths or showers, reducing your exposure to hard water minerals.
- Use warm water to wash yourself, especially your face, because hot water opens up the pores, which in turn raises the chance of them clogging up.
- Moisturize your skin regularly to combat the effects of dryness.
Q4. Can hard water cause acne?
Ans: Yes it can! Hard water can dry out the skin, causing inflammation and acne breakouts. It can also cause skin that is already acne prone to worsen. One option is to use distilled water to clean your face.
Q5. What do hard water stains look like?
Ans: Hard water stains can appear as a chalky white residue, or as yellowish and brownish rings, streaks, and spots in your toilet, bath, and sinks.
Q6. Does hard water damage pipes?
Ans: Hard water deposits can buildup in your plumbing system, reducing the flow of water coming through your pipes. While copper and PVC pipes are not as susceptible, steel pipes can be damaged over time. The chemicals can eat through the coating on some pipes and fixtures, damaging rubber washers and seals. Over time the water pressure in your home can degrade, making water flow slower, which in turn makes the mineral buildup intensify until water pipes become blocked completely. Once this happens you will need to have those pipes replaced.
Q7. Is hard water acidic?
Ans: No, its actually alkaline in nature. It gets its alkaline pH from the minerals that have dissolved in it.
Q8. How hard water can be softened?
Ans: There are a number of ways you can soften hard water:
- Boiling – When you do this and let the water cool you may see white minerals deposited at the bottom of the pot.
- Use an Ion Exchange Filter – Some of these can be attached to kitchen faucets or used in containers with a filter. Or you an get one that attaches to your water line so it covers water usage in the whole house.
Q9. How to protect my hard water faucets?
Ans: To protect your hard water faucets always know at the back of your mind that you are preventing stains. It also maintains the elegance and the look of your bathroom. Therefore, to protect them the following must be done.
- Regular washing– This can be achieved by the use of a regular bathroom washing solution once a week.
- Drying– Always dry them as soon as possible after use. This is to prevent stains and marks that form immediately when the water dries up.
- Use a water softener– This is a device that uses salt to eliminate mineral deposits in the water.
Q10. How to identify hard water?
Ans: There are some obvious ways to look up to if you want to identify hard water. This includes;
- Film feeling on your hands– This is felt after washing your hands. This is a result of a soap reaction with calcium to bring about soap scum. Rinsing your hands thoroughly is recommended.
- Spots– This appears on glasses, silverware, and stainless-steel utensils after washing. This spot comes out of the dishwasher which are deposits of calcium carbonate.
- Stains– The stains are caused by the mineral deposits on the surfaces. They can be formed on clothes after using a washing machine. This can cause wear and tear of your clothes faster due to the severity of the hard water.
- Water pressure– Hard water causes a reduction in water pressure. This is because the mineral deposits can form in the pipes. The deposits can clog on the pipes or shrink their inside diameter hence a reduction in water flow.
Hardwater can cause you stress if you are not keen on how to avert it. Although hard water is safe for consumption with no side effects, it may cause some damages to our fittings at home. Nonetheless, there are options for softening it. It is advisable to look around carefully. Get time to discuss with a plumber concerning the effects it will cause the general plumbing in your home. It is also paramount to appreciate the maintenance need of a water-softening system before you settle for one.
Finally, if you are bothered by hard water spots on your faucets, think about installing matte-finished faucets. Look for faucets made of brushed nickel, brass, or bronze. To prevent hard water deposits, mix water, vinegar, dish soap, and lemon juice to form a solution. After coming up with the solution, put it in a spray bottle. Spray the solution in the faucets and let it settle for about twenty minutes. This will depend on how severe the marks are. Scrub the faucet with a duster. Avoid using an abrasive scrubber since it damages the finish on the faucet.
You may also like:
- Best Single Handle Bathroom Faucet Reviews
- Best Inexpensive Bathroom Faucet Reviews
- The Ultimate Best Kitchen Sinks for Hard Water
- Best Shower Head for Hard Water
- Best Kitchen Faucet for Hard Water
- How to Remove Hard Water Stains from Stainless Steel Faucets
- How to Remove Hard Water Stains from Porcelain Sink
- How to Remove Hard Water Stains from the Toilet