Choosing a shower valve is difficult but not impossible. Suppose you are looking to upgrade your shower. Then don’t worry, here is a guide for you. For upgrading the shower, you must know your requirements. Some shower valves are modern, traditional, thermostatic, and some valves are hiding, valve with one outlet or two outlets, Delta R10000 and Delta R11000 valves. Some valves are manually operated. Here I will give reviews on Delta R10000 and R11000 bathroom shower valves. This guide will be helpful for those who want to buy the best shower valve.
Comparison – Delta R10000 VS R11000
|Product||Specs||Its Best for||#|
|Delta R10000-UNBX||MultiChoice valve body only 1/2″ Universal inlets/outlets||Best to use with shower units, tubs, and tub spouts.||Check Price|
|Delta Faucet R10000-UNBXHF||MultiChoice valve body only 1/2 universal inlets/outlets – High flow||Recommended to use for showers without tub spouts||Check Price|
|Delta Faucet R10000-UNWSHF||MultiChoice valve body only with 1/2 universal inlets/outlets w/stops high flow||Recommendation to use with showers without tub spouts.||Check Price|
|Delta Faucet R11000-UNWS 524894||1. 3 rough port diverter. 2. can be tested pressure 200(psi) with air and 300 (psi) with water 3. Forged brass body||It is best for the top shower and wall shower.||Check Price|
#1. Delta R10000-UNBX
It is a delta faucet company material. This shower function straightforward to install. It has beautiful coverage. You can do work behind the walls without any noise.
It is recommended to use if you know the process of proper installing. Experts highly recommend it because if you installed it correctly in “UP,” years passed, and you will never face any issue with this. It is straightforward to install, as I am writing here the expert words.
- It comes at a very reasonable price.
- It has rough valves, which are pretty good for checking showers and other bathroom things.
- While using it, you need to use thread paste as compared to thread tape.
- You can quickly repair the old model three handle in bathrooms by using this product.
- It is effortless to install this.
- For some new models, it is not working correctly.
- It should be better if the time to time update by the company.
- The plastic clip in depth is not appropriately guided in instructions.
- Professional plumbers use it properly.
- If you are not a plumber, so there is a chance of mistakes from you.
#2. Delta Faucet R10000-UNBXHF
UNBXHF is the best quality product. It does not apply to the tub. Only applicable with shower. Without alerting plumbing behind the walls when the shower is installed. For high flow needs, it is not usable.
It is recommended by experts if you don’t need a tub spout. It is easy to install with a cartridge. If a cartridge is not installed, then you will face the issue of crossflow. But if you installed it correctly, it will be advantageous.
- It is easy to fit in the walls.
- It is installed easily after cutting an old one.
- If you only need a shower without a tub spout, it is instrumental.
- In UNBXHF, water flow in pipes without any restrictions.
- Shower valves are very well designed.
- Check all parts before installation because some parts are defective sometimes.
- Sometimes it is not installed which causes problems in future.
- Call some professionals for installing.
#3. Delta Faucet R10000-UNWSHF
It is a universal product. Its valves are multi universal. It also has inlets and outlets of good quality. You can work without alerting behind the walls.
Delta overall is the most well-known company of showers. These pex valves are also highly recommended by the expert. These are very useful as compared to other companies.
- It is one of the high-quality products.
- Very easy to install this system.
- Once it is installed, there is no tension for a long time.
- Its weight is not too much.
- Shower pressure is increased from the previous one.
- Cartridges are used to separate the cold and hot water flow.
- Not able to cut old products.
- It is wider than the original valve so you can’t replace your old valve with this you have to fix it again.
#4. Delta Faucet R11000-UNWS 524894
It is rough in the kit. You can buy a trim kit to set it perfectly. Follow all instructions to remain away from renovations—no need to plumb behind walls. Experts highly recommend Delta shower valves. Sometimes due to any mishap, some error comes with them, but these shower valves are advantageous and long-lasting. It is highly recommended among all with many specifications.
- It is a money-saving product.
- You can buy it at affordable prices.
- Its installation is straightforward than other delta products.
- The quality is quite perfect.
- Don’t try to fit it on your own.
- Installation is easy, but if you are not an expert must call the plumber for the best fittings.
Delta R10000 Installation Instructions
Install it as follows
- Turn of the water supply
- Then check the thickness of the wall where you are going to install this valve.
- Install the body with a stringer backplate
- Mounting holes are present on the stringer, remove its cover and then install the body.
- The word UP must focus on the upside of the valve.
- Distance from the stringer to the front wall must be the same.
- If the wall is thin, then a plaster guard is at the back of the wall.
- Install the diverter in the same wall
- Make a connection between the valve and the water supply.
- Water outlets for hot and cold water are separated.
- Detach the bonnet and test cap before soldering.
- Now make the connections of outlets and the tub spout with proper fittings.
Delta R11000 Installation Instructions
The installation process has some steps.
- Turn off the main water supply.
- Take notice of the thickness of a wall.
- Install stringer backplate.
- Install diverter in this way that the word UP is in the upward direction of a valve.
- Detach the bonnet and caps before soldering.
- Now Install the test cap and o ring to secure the bonnet.
- Now weld the copper tubing and join the diverter to the outlet
- After soldering, plug in the desired outlets for hot and cold water.
In conclusion, I would say that if we compare all these shower valves, they all have their own bright and darker side. But if you will do proper care, nothing is wrong with you. All these shower valves are available at affordable prices. All of them are very well products, but it will be your decision which you love to buy for you. The whole installation method is straightforward. You only need to take care of instructions given to you about installation.
What Cartridges Does Delta R10000 Use?
Delta R10000 has no cartridges. Some of its shower valves have cartridges. These cartridges stop the crossflow of water.
Difference Between Delta R10000-UNBX And R110000-UNWS
Delta R10000-UNBX and Delta-R110000-UNWS are just different because of cartridges and diverters, and outlets.
- 3/4 Vs 1/2 Inch Shower Valve – Which Is Perfect
- Moen 2510 vs 2520 – Comparison
- Delta R22000 Vs Delta R22000WS Shower valve
- 1 Handle Vs. 2 Handles Vs. 3 Handles Shower Faucet
- Moen 1224 vs 1224b vs 1248